Cucumber is a wonderful vegetable which is rich in vitamin B and believed to be one of the oldest crops. Cucumbers come in different shapes and sizes. It is best enjoyed in salads, sandwiches, or as a juice. It low calorie content which makes it a great choice for a weight loss diet. The skin of a cucumber is rich in fiber and contains a variety of beneficial minerals. The silica in cucumbers is an important component of healthy connective tissue, which includes muscles, tendons, cartilage and bone.
Cucumbers can help you to avoid nutrient deficiencies that are widespread among those eating a typical Nigerian diet. Why spend so much on junks and high calories of food when cucumbers are cheaper and can help your body in ways you would never imagine. Don’t wait anymore; check out these amazing benefits of cucumbers.
- Keeps the body hydrated: Not many of us like to take water, if you fall into this category, crunching on the cool cucumber, which is approximately 96% water should be what you should be doing more frequently. Cucumbers have most of the vitamins the body needs to carry out our day to day activities. Put down eating junks and make it a daily routine of eating cucumbers and it will cheerfully pay off!!!
- Skin care: It is so baffling a lot of people want to have a shining and healthy skin but keep using all sorts of body creams when cucumber is the solution to their skin problems. You have probably seen pictures of people at a spa relaxing with cucumber slices placed round their eyes, it’s all because cucumber have a pampering and cooling effects which can get you relaxed in no time.
- Relieves bad breadth: Most people have bad breadth and have taken all sorts of herbal concoctions but still face the same problem. It is always embarrassing when people try to cover their nose when you talk. If you fall in this category this piece is for you. Cut little slice of cucumber and press it to the roof of your mouth for 30 seconds, the photochemical found in cucumbers will kill the bacteria in your mouth responsible bad breadth.
- Cures Health Problems: Cucumber juice contains a hormone which is needed by the cells of the pancreas for producing insulin which has been found to be beneficial to diabetic patients. It has been discovered that a compound called sterols in cucumber will help reduce cholesterol levels in your body. Cucumbers contain a lot of potassium, magnesium and fiber. These work effectively for regulating blood pressure. This however makes cucumber good for treating both low and high blood pressure.
- Reverses skin tanning, sunburns and epidemics: Cucumber acts as a natural bleaching agent, making it useful for skin tan removal and reducing scars. For this face mask, crush some cucumber juice and add equal amounts of lemon juice. Massage this all over the face and leave it on for 15mins. You can apply this on tanned areas all over the body. Wash well with cold water. For relief from sun burns, blend a cucumber into a fine paste and add some aloe vera gel to heal and even out the skin’s complexion. This would relief your body from inflammation, rashes and skin burns.